The Life of a Skincare and Beauty Addict
Just an ordinary gal trying to survive the gruesome university semesters while working on a healthy lifestyle of exercise, diet, and a glowing skincare routine!

Playlist (on shuffle)
Country Road by Piano de Ghibli
朝が明けるまで by Younha
あなたがいるから by Yokota Haruna
Message by Rogue by Piano de Ghibli
Tree-Lined Road by Aoi Teshima

Stats
Online:
Visits:
Beauty Profile

Skin Type: Dehydrated, oily, and sensitive

Problems: Hormonal breakouts, blackheads, and enlarged pores

Skin Tone: Light-medium honey beige

Eye Shape: Double Eyelids

Natural hair color: Black (currently dyed ombre brown/blonde)



Monday, October 10, 2016 at 2:16 PM with 0 comment(s)


Back at it again with a COSRX Review. This time I will be introducing another holy grail skincare item in my collection. It is the AHA Whitehead Power Liquid from COSRX. Chemical exfoliants can do wonders for your skin especially at combating against problems such as acne (active and scars), pesky blackheads & whiteheads, refining skin texture, and promoting a healthier skin complexion. I purchased the AHA Whitehead Power Liquid through RoseRoseShop on their Ebay store. They also have their official website. I've ordered numerous products from RoseRoseShop in the past; therefore, I consider them to be trustworthy sellers.







Product Info: 

A chemical exfoliant with alpha hydroxy acids compounds to help clear whiteheads, lighten acne scarring, and to clear away old dead skin cells on the surface of the skin. It also has some light moisturizing effects to promote a healthier looking skin complexion. Comes in a 100 ml bottle with a push dispenser cap. Similar to the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid. 

Directions: 

After cleansing and toning, apply the AHA Whitehead Power Liquid using your fingers or with a cotton pad. I like to spread it evenly all over my face especially the nose, cheeks, and chin area. The order of my actives in my skincare routine goes as following: vitamin C serum (20 minute wait) > BHA Blackhead Power Liquid (30 minute wait) > AHA Whitehead Power Liquid (30 minute wait). 

Ingredients: 

Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid, Water, Niacinamide, Sodium Hydroxide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Ethyl Hexanediol [source]
  • pH: 4.0 [source]
  • AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids), such as glycolic and lactic acid, exfoliate the outer part of your skin. Many people get AHAs and BHAs confused, but AHAs exfoliate the surface of your skin while BHAs exfoliate the inside of your skin. Both, however, can be effective treatments for acne [source]

Product Type: 

Actives 
  • Actives are products with ingredients that have direct, active results on the skin, usually with a serious science pedigree [source]
  • Actives are the only ingredients that cause true purging. (originally read from Snow White and the Asian Pear but here is the source she used)
  • Some examples of Actives include antioxidants such as Vitamin C (LAA - L-Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin A (retinoids such as retinol and tretinoin), and acids like Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA), and Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA) [source

Disclaimer: 

Keeping in mind that the AHA Whitehead Power Liquid is an active exfoliant, you may or may not experience a purge. Purging is defined as a worsening of your current skin condition. That means if you have clogged pores, they may turn into red pimples and active acne [source]. Usually, if you're breaking out in places you normally don't break out, it is probably your skin breaking out and it's not purging. However, it is possible to break out in new areas during the purging process. Therefore, if you're still breaking out in those new areas after 3 months, stop using the product because you can now consider your skin to be breaking out and not purging [source]. Therefore, introduce this product slowly. Even after 4 months of using this product, I still only apply it every other day. Try every 2-3 days first and then increase the usage to every 1-2 days and maybe eventually every day. See what works for you. I wrote the same disclaimer for the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid.

Another word of advice, AHAs are photosynthesizing so any exposure to UV rays can lead to skin damage. That is why I recommend using the AHA Whitehead Power Liquid at night. If you're going out the next day, please wear sunscreen







I bought the AHA Whitehead Power Liquid and the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid together and I've been using both of them in my nightly skincare routine. Similar to my review on the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid, I've seen promising results after 4 months of using the AHA Whitehead Power Liquid. I definitely see improvement in my skin complexion; my face feels much softer and looks more healthy. The little bumps in between my eyebrows and nose bridge have reduced in appearance quite significantly. The only thing that kind of threw me off about this product is the fragrance. It doesn't have a strong perfumy smell but damn. It reminds me of the herbal medicines and roots that you would find in an asian market. It's pretty strong in smell. It might not appeal to everyone. Honestly, I don't mind it. You get used to it after a while. Oh and just be careful when you apply this; avoid areas that have open wounds (i.e. popped pimples) because it burns quite a bit.



I use this product in conjunction with other products from COSRX including the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid, Natural BHA Returning A-Sol, Pimple Clear Pads, and the Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence. I wrote a review on the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid but I have yet to review the others ones but don't worry, they'll be coming soon. If you are considering these products as well, the order I apply after cleansing and toning is: Vitamin C Serum (20 minute wait) > BHA Blackhead Power Liquid (30 minute wait) > AHA Whitehead Power Liquid (30 minute wait). I use a pH adjusting toner but you can use Natural BHA Returning A-Sol to balance your skin's pH and then follow the order of actives I stated previously. I usually switch between my pH adjusting toner and the A-Sol. If you're using the Pimple Clear Pads, I suggest using them on the day when you're not using a lot of actives. I find that using too many BHA and AHA products was making my routine too concentrated and I noticed my skin breaking out because of this. Although I can't completely verify the reason why, I would be cautious. 

Actives are considered as the "cleansing" process of your skincare routine so before you go apply on some moisturizer, sleeping pack, sheet mask, or whatever is next in your routine, apply your actives first. After my last step in my cleansing routine (the AHA Whitehead Power Liquid), I apply a sheet mask (30 minute wait) and let the essence from the sheet mask absorb into my skin. I then apply the Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence (let that absorb) and finally I top it off with a gel moisturizer (I use Nature Republic's Aloe Vera Gel).

★★★★★





Other than the scent, I'd give 100 thumbs up for this product. Definitely something I would consider on re-purchasing. With my problems such as hormonal breakouts, redness, and enlarged pores, the AHA Whitehead Power Liquid has helped tamper down these symptoms and promoted a healthier skin complexion for me. 

★★★★★



Thank you for reading! Stay tune for more reviews.






Labels: , , , , , , ,

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated!