The Life of a Skincare and Beauty Addict
Just an ordinary gal trying to survive the gruesome university semesters while working on a healthy lifestyle of exercise, diet, and a glowing skincare routine!

Playlist (on shuffle)
Country Road by Piano de Ghibli
朝が明けるまで by Younha
あなたがいるから by Yokota Haruna
Message by Rogue by Piano de Ghibli
Tree-Lined Road by Aoi Teshima

Stats
Online:
Visits:
Beauty Profile

Skin Type: Dehydrated, oily, and sensitive

Problems: Hormonal breakouts, blackheads, and enlarged pores

Skin Tone: Light-medium honey beige

Eye Shape: Double Eyelids

Natural hair color: Black (currently dyed ombre brown/blonde)



Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 11:09 PM with 0 comment(s)

When I began taking interest in skincare, I knew the very basics and I lacked a lot of knowledge. I still am not on a level of a professional in regards to skincare or beauty but I've realized the bad habits/mistakes I picked up and learned a lot of interesting and valuable concepts. I am still on the long road of learning more but I'm definitely not intimidated by it (but perhaps my wallet is).

As I familiarized myself more with the proper etiquette of skincare, one of the most valuable things I learned was the importance of pH in my cleansers. I stumbled upon two blogs - Snow White and the Asian Pear and Fiddy Snails. As I was reading through their reviews, details of the product's pH popped up frequently. I came to understand how important the pH of your cleanser matters. Moral of the story: you want to pick a cleanser that is low in pH (less than pH of 5.6) and ditch any cleansers that are above that. Normally I find that the cleansers that make my skin feel really taut are the cleansers that are high in pH. But give that assumption a check-mark by testing it with a pH test strip. Basically, if you're using a cleanser that is high in pH (more alkaline/basic, >6), you're harming your skin's acid mantle. Bacteria thrives in environments that are more alkaline; now I understood why my acne was never disappearing for good. Your skin is naturally acidic and it should be kept that way if you want to maintain a healthy, bacteria-free acid mantle. Read more on Snow White and the Asian Pear's blog. Bless you Cat for writing up that post. While you're at it, read everything on her blog; specifically under "Let's Get Nerdy". Or refer to my post here where I've compiled all the important readings on safe skincare practices. 

Let's get on with the review! 





Product Info: 

A slight acidic foam cleanser aimed to protect the skin's acidic base while providing a moist finish and minimizing irritation on the skin. Packaged in a squeeze tube of 150 ml

Directions: 

After finishing first cleansing step with oil cleanser/milk/balm, squeeze an appropriate amount onto your hands (make sure they're wet) and lather it up. Spread and massage the product on your face (tip: massage in upward movements to prevent your skin from sagging) and rinse it off thoroughly with lukewarm water. 
Now, I don't now about you but I believe in the double/triple cleansing method; my routine is usually cleansing tissues, oil cleanser, and then foam cleanser. However, if you're not up for that life just yet, you can ignore the "After finishing first cleansing step with oil cleanser/milk/balm" part of my directions. 

Ingredients:


Water(Aqua), Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Lauramide DEA, TEA-Cocoyl Glutamate, Potassium Lauryl Phosphate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-160 Sorbitan Triisostearate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Fragrance(Parfum), Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Silk Amino Acids, Luffa Cylindrica Fruit Extract, Quillaja Saponaria Wood Extract, Sapindus Mukorossi Fruit Extract, Yucca Vera Extract
Key ingredients include: 
  • Amino Acid-Based Humectant - moisturizes skin
  • Natural Saponin Complex - cleans skin
  • Seorak Mineral Water - protects skin
[source

Product Type: 

Foam Cleanser with a pH of 5







I've tried 4 foam cleansers before this one - ones that I thought were good turned out to be really high in pH. :-( I found that this foam cleanser has worked really well for my skin and I am really happy with the product. Rather than the uncomfortable, taut feeling that I used to get with my previous cleansers, Missha's Near Skin pH Balancing Cleansing Foam gave my skin a refreshing and moist feel. I believe it's lived up to its name as a non-irritable and moisture friendly foam cleanser.  

I've been using this for a little over 3 months and I've noticed how my reoccurring acne has diminished quite significantly and my skin seems to be loving me more for using something that protects its acid mantle. It's been far too long since I've felt like my skin was healthy and glowing. 


There is a fragrance to this foam cleanser but it's nothing floral or herbal. It's really mild in scent and it's something that I like. No irritation caused by the scent. Because it's a gel-consistency, it is harder to lather up. I find that I have to use more product to get it nice and bubbly. However, it does a pretty good job of taking off my makeup. 


From left to right: Colourpop Super Shock Shadows - Sequin and To-A-T, Too Cool for School Milk Lip Tint #03, Etude House Styling Eyeliner #Brown, Etude House Oh my Liquid Eyeliner #Black, Etude House Styling Eyeliner #White )

* only the foam cleanser was used in this picture

★★★★★




I recommend this foam cleanser for all skin types. I have oily skin and my skin has seen its benefits from using this cleanser. I haven't encountered any problems with this foam cleanser; in fact, it's become part of my current skincare routine. I recently introduced COSRX's Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser so I'm hoping it'll be good as (or even better) than Missha's Near Skin pH Balancing Cleansing Foam. 

I purchased my cleanser for $15 CAD (excluding tax) from my local Korean and Japanese Beauty Store but you can also buy them through RoseRoseShop. I'll only link sellers that I've made purchases with in the past. 

source 1 | source 2

★★★★★




Thank you for reading! I hope this review was helpful and informative. 





Labels: , , , , ,

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated!